January 2018, Red Hat acquired CoreOS for 250 million dollars 🤩. CoreOS was one of the leading companies of Linux & Containers market with their wide offer of products:
- CoreOS Tectonic: container application platform based on Kubernetes.
- CoreOS Container Linux: lightweight Linux distribution designed to run containerized applications.
- CoreOS Operators Framework: an open source toolkit designed to manage Kubernetes native applications.
- CoreOS Quay: a container registry for building, storing, and distributing your private containers.
- CoreOS rkt: an application container engine developed for modern production cloud-native environments.
- even more and more..