I will be in the National School of Computing Sciences of Tunisia (ENSI Tunisia), on April 25th 2018, to animate a full-day workshop, about Microservices in Java and how to deploy them as Docker Containers. The event is organized by the Open Source Software ENSI Club.
The workshop content:
- Introduction to Enterprise Development & Architectures
- Introduction to Microservices Architectures
- Introduction to Spring Boot
- Introduction to Spring Boot fundamentals
- Generating project using Spring Initializr
- Presentation of SpringBoot & autoconfigurations
- Creating CRUD application: Spring Data JPA + Spring Data REST
- Presentation of Spring Actuator
- Introduction to the 12-Factors methodology
- Introduction to Microservices concerns & Spring Cloud Libraries
- Configuration Management
- Service Discovery
- Load Balancing
- API Gateway
- Service Security
- Centralized Loggin & Metrics
- Resilience & Fault Tolerance
- Packaging, Deployment & Scheduling
- Introduction to Docker
- Presentation of Containerization vs Virtualization
- Presentation of Docker’s terminology: Image; Container; Dockerfile; Docker-Machine
- Presentation of Docker-Compose, Docker-Swarm
- Presentation of Docker Hub & Continuous Delivery using Docker
- Bring your own laptop with Netbeans 8.2 and Java JDK 8 installed.
- Drink so much coffee before, during and after the workshop.
- Bring you water bottle, microservices are too hot ^^
Many thanks for Houssem Eddine Gharbi and Hajer Bouchaala for the invitation and the event’s organization.