I’m thrilled⚡ to announce that I’m one of the four winners of the Oracle Groundbreaker Awards for this year 🤩
Page 2 of 5
What is Istio?
Google presents Istio as an open platform to connect, monitor, and secure microservices.
Istio is a service mesh implementation that provides many cloud-native capabilities like:
- Traffic management: Service Discovery, Load balancing, Failure recovery, A/B testing, Canary releases, etc…
- Observability: Request Tracing, Metrics, Monitoring, Auditing, Logging, etc…
- Security: ACLs, Access control, Rate limiting, End-to-end authentication, etc…
Istio delivers all these great features without any changes to the code of the microservices running with it on the same Kubernetes cluster.
In our case, we already implemented many of these features and capabilities when we were writing our microservices. If we had Istio at the beginning, we could save so much effort and time, by delegating all of these capabilities to Istio.
I just updated my book « Playing with Java Microservices with Kubernetes and OpenShift » 😃
The release changelog:
- Fixed some typos 🙈
- I just finished writing the Chapter 14: Getting started with OpenShift 👌
- I started writing the Chapter 15: The OpenShift style 🎶
- I started working on Istio Tutorial that will be the first bonus chapter in the book ⚡️⚡️
I will be covering more and more subjects, like Okta, MQs, BPMs, etc..
I am available for an on-demand chapters. So if you are interested in some specific subject about Java Microservices, just get in touch with me 😁
Tomorrow, I will give a talk for the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) titled “Introduction to the containerization security“. The talk is intended for the students of Computer Sciences students. It aims to introduce the Containerization and the benefits of Containers in matters of Web Applications Security.
Playing with Java Microservices on Kubernetes and OpenShift is here !
Today, November 24th 2018, I released my new book Playing with Java Microservices on Kubernetes and OpenShift!! Finally, after ten months of work, tests, POCs and many edition iterations, the newborn is here !
The book is edited and sold on the LeanPub platform:
The book is sold mainly in two different offers:
- The Book only
- The Book + one hour of training about Java Microservices and Kubernetes/OpenShift
I have some ideas about making some other packages, I will post about them soon ! Stay tuned !!
I hope that this book satisfies all your needs about the Java Microservices in the Kubernetes and OpenShift ecosystem..
Many other subjects will be covered.. Yeah ! LeanPub gives me the opportunity to deliver as many updates that I can write 😀 this is cool ! you pay once, you get everything !!